The Whole Earth Children’s Zone is specifically designed for children ages 0-8 and their families to explore the wonder of our natural world through a variety of hands-on activities!
This area features over 8 different hands-on activities designed to help children understand the importance of our natural world and foster ways for them to connect with it. The activities focus on “What’s in Your Backyard?’ and include exploration of life cycles of butterflys, ladybugs, praying mantises, and frogs; building structures, bublles, habitats, and much more!
The Children’s Zone is staffed with fantastic volunteers who are excited to share their passion and love of nature with kids of all ages because they believe that contact with nature is necessary for healthy child – and adult – development!
Children’s Zone Sponsors:
This annual Festival is filled with a wide variety of activities for kids AND parents:
- Educational exhibits at the 150+ booths throughout the Festival area designed to teach children and their parents about all aspects of our environment and the natural resources in our area.
- Be sure to participate in the Whole Earth Walk About Passport Program for the chance to win prizes.
- Don’t miss the petting area sponsored by Twin Palms 4H Club offers the chance to get close to a variety of farm animals.
- Our brand new S.T.E.A.M. Tent with 7 amazing hands-on activities especially for kids ages 8-17.
- Great food and kid-friendly treats from local restaurants and organizations.
- Free live music all day on 2 stages! The Miracle Mile Stage offers incredible music from local artists and nationally touring acts. This year’s headliner band is The Dead Winter Carpenters!
- The Community Stage features inspiring musicians, dancers, and the Eco Fashion Show!
- Don’t miss the speakrs and films showing at the Keynote Theatre including “Stronger Than Carr” at 12:30 in the Council Chambers and “A Taste of Wild and Scenic” in the Community Room at 1:30pm
- There are many ways for children to be active at the Festival, including the Zorb Challenge and the climbinig wall!
- Feel the need to dance? Don’t miss the DANCEPORTATION opportunities at the BUS-TA-MOVE Bus Party exhibit!
We hope you will be a part of the 2019 Festival and join the celebration of healthy living, healthy communities, and a healthy planet!