The Whole Earth Children’s Zone is specifically designed for children ages 0-8 and their families to explore the wonder of our natural world through a variety of hands-on activities!
2018 Theme: What’s in YOUR Backyard?
This area features over 8 different hand’s-on activities designed to help children understand the importance of our natural world and foster ways for them to connect with it. These activities will explore bubbles, worms, bees, birds, butterflies and other beneficial critters, recycling and repurposing fun! The Children’s Zone is staffed with fantastic volunteers who are excited to share their passion and love of nature with kids of all ages because they believe that contact with nature is necessary for healthy child – and adult – development!
The entire Festival is filled with a wide variety of activities for kids AND parents:
- Educational exhibits at the 160+ Booths throughout the Festival area designed to teach children and their parents about all aspects of our environment and the natural resources in our area
- Be sure to participate in the Whole Earth Walk About Passport Program for the chance to win prizes
- Don’t miss the petting area sponsored by Twin Palms 4H Club offers the chance to get close to a variety of farm animals
- Our brand new S.T.E.A.M. Tent with 6 amazing hand’s-on activities especially for kids ages 8 – 17
- Great food and kid-friendly treats from local restaurants and organizations
- Free live music all day on 2 stages! The Miracle Mile Stage offers talented local groups playing incredible music at the main fountain and the Community Stage includes talented students from Redding School of the Arts, a Hula dance performance and an Eco- Fashion Show sponsored by Redding Fashion Alliance
- There are many ways for children to be active at the Festival, including laser tag and a climbing wall!
- Join the Poetry Jam! on the Community Stage and read your favorite poem!
Be a part of the Festival this year and join the celebration of healthy living, healthy communities and a healthy planet!