The 2019 Eco Fashion show featured:
Upcycling ~ Trashion ~ Sustainable Fabric Designs
The 2019 Eco-Fashion Show was a great success! If you were inspired by the show and feel like you want to participate in the future, send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Photo credit: Dave Wakley)
2019 Eco Fashion Show Guidelines:
- Upcycling ~ The art of making new, one of a kind creations by combining and using existing items from your closet, your friends,thrift shops, garage sales etc.
- Trashion ~ Wearable creations and statement pieces made by incorporating items that would otherwise be headed to the trash or recycling bins.
- Eco Friendly Fashion ~ Beyond just inspired by nature, we are looking for designs that incorporate processes and techniques that use natural materials and/or reduce environmental damage in some way. Some ideas include using organic fibers or non-chemical dyes, recycled fabrics, etc. Let us know what makes your design “Eco Friendly” and how it fits the theme of the show.
Submissions in these categories must contain some materials that have already been used before and are now being reused or re-purposed. They should not be made of disposable items that are on their 1st and only use (i.e. no garments made entirely from new disposable plastic cups or bags that are straight from a package and onto the garment). The purpose is to demonstrate keeping things out of the waste system by creatively re-using them in different ways and giving them a new life.
- Designers and makers will be responsible for providing their own model (this can be you, a friend or family member. All ages and body types are welcome.)
- Designers and makers will be responsible for providing their own hair and makeup for their models. A natural “no-makeup” look is welcome too.
Mark your calendars~ 2 Eco Fashion Workshops will be offered for our designers:
Come play and create with other makers. Bring your ideas and supplies. We will have some to share. More info coming soon.
Saturday March 23, 2019 1-4pm at the California Street Labs 1313 California St. *Trashion, and Accessories including Hats and Jewelry will be the focus of this workshop.
March 23 Workshop
Sunday April 7, 2019 1-4pm at the First United Methodist Church 1825 East St. *Upcycling T-shirts and Hoodies is the focus of this workshop. April 7th Workshop
Please be sure to RSVP for either workshop by clicking the Workshop Buttons!
Questions? Get in touch: email@example.com or call Peggy@ 530-243-2403