Join us for BUS-TA-MOVE! Let’s kick up our heels for public transportation in the North State! Start the party at the Downtown Transit Center and ride RABA for FREE to BUS-TA-MOVE at the Whole Earth and Watershed Festival.
What’s happening at BUS-TA-MOVE?
There are loads of activities you can take part in:
- Dance at the Public DANCEportation party
- Build a miniature solar-powered bus at the S.T.E.A.M. Tent
- Take a bus-themed photo at the photo booth in the main BUS-TA-MOVE area
- Watch a special presentation “BUS-TA-MOVE Californi-Yeah!” at the Keynote Theatre at 2 p.m.
- Participate in the Wheels on the Bus activity in the Children’s Reading Zone
- Discover bus services in the region and how you can use them in the main BUS-TA-MOVE area
- Get the chance to win a California Rail Pass, including Thruway Bus service
BUS-TA-MOVE will showcase both existing and planned public transportation, like the upcoming Salmon Runner electric-powered bus service between Redding and Sacramento.
Where will BUS-TA-MOVE be located?
You can’t miss us: BUS-TA-MOVE ~ Booth 800~ will be located on the west side of the main City Hall building, behind the Miracle Mile Stages.
Why the bus?
Public transportation is a key part of the transportation system in the North State. By riding the bus, you can …
- Get to local businesses
- Get to regional destinations
- Save money
- Do other things on the way, like reading, watching videos, or getting work done
- Get physical activity, by walking to and from the bus stop
- Reduce your environmental footprint
- Not worry about parking
- Get to know the community