The Whole Earth and Watershed Festival is an annual, community-wide celebration of Earth Day featuring activities, exhibits, live music, and local food that will delight and inspire people of all ages. This annual event demonstrates our commitment as both individuals and as a community to work together for the health and livability of the north state region and our planet. The purpose of the Festival is to promote healthy living, build healthy communities and restore a healthy planet.
This event, now in its 13th year, is organized by an Executive Committee who volunteer their time to ensure the success of this event. The 2019 Festival will take place on Saturday, April 20th 2019 from 11am to 5pm.
The Festival features over 150 outstanding Exhibitors including businesses, non-profits, government agencies, community groups, local artists, and educational organizations. Each year, the event organizers actively seek new exhibitors from our north state region and beyond to give attendees the broadest possible exposure to innovative ideas and products.
In addition to our Exhibitors, the Festival features:
- A wide variety of food vendors and a local craft beer and wine offer excellent choices for everyone! .
- An inspiring films and speakers at the Keynote Theatre
- Live Music Fest on 2 stages: Our “Music Festival within the Festival” with nationally touring headliner bands as well as critically acclaimed local musicians
- The Community Stage offers superb music by local groups, exquisite dancers, and the popular Eco Fashion Show!
- Incredible children’s activities in the Whole Earth Children’s Zone
- Engaging STEM+Arts Activities for kids and teens in the S.T.E.A.M Tents
- A climbing wall open for all ages; Zorb challenge course; and a petting zoo
- The Whole Earth Walk About where you get the chance to win prizes just by walking around!
- And a FREE RABA Shuttle from the downtown terminal (LOTS OF PARKING) and City Hall runs all day
Save the Date: Saturday, April 20th 2019 | A Celebration of Earth Day
Sustainability at the Festival
As the Whole Earth and Watershed Festival organizers, we pride ourselves on making this one of the most unique, green, and sustainably-minded annual events in the North State and we seek to improve every year. Our noteworthy efforts include:
- We strive to be as close to zero waste as possible. We ensure that recycling receptacles are made available and that the Festival’s waste is sorted and taken to the Transfer Station.
- We work to reduce plastic consumption by encouraging the use of reusable water bottles and by providing water refill stations throughout the Festival. The cups provided at the water coolers and our Beer Garden are compostable.
- Our free bike valet provided by the Shasta Wheelmen Bike Club allows festival goers to ride to the event, reducing gas consumption, energy use, and traffic, while also serving as an opportunity for families and individuals to get some healthy exercise.
- Each year we partner with the Redding Area Bus Authority to provide free transportation to the Festival! RABA provides a Free Event Shuttle from the downtown terminal to Redding City Hall and Sculpture Park. We strongly encourage vendors and attendees to take advantage of these green transportation options.
We are a proud supporter of 1% for the Planet. Find out more here: http://www.onepercentfortheplanet.org/
Join us on Saturday, April 20th 2019 and take advantage of all the Festival has to offer. Find us on Facebook or email us at email@example.com
Healthy Living • Healthy Communities • Healthy Planet