The Whole Earth Children’s Zone is specifically designed for children ages 0-8 and their families to explore the wonder of our natural world through a variety of hands-on activities! This year we are excited to be a featured activity in the Week of the Young Child (April 22 – 29th) sponsored by First 5 Shasta!
This area features over 8 different hand’s-on activities designed to help children understand the importance of our natural world and foster ways for them to connect with it. These activities will include bubbles, worms and other beneficial critters, habitats, plants, recycling and repurposing fun! The Children’s Zone is staffed with fantastic volunteers who are excited to share their passion and love of nature with kids of all ages because they believe that contact with nature is necessary for healthy child – and adult – development!
The Festival is filled with lots of other activities designed for young people of all ages that you won’t want to miss. Some of the activities this year include:
- Educational exhibits at the 160+ Booths throughout the Festival area designed to teach children and their parents about all aspects of our environment and the natural resources in our area
- Be sure to participate in the Whole Earth Walk About for the chance to win prizes
- Don’t miss the lifelike salmon run exhibit organized by the Friends of Coleman Fish Hatchery
- A petting area sponsored by Twin Palms 4H Club offers the chance to get close to a variety of farm animals
- Our brand new S.T.E.A.M. Tent with hand’s-on activities especially for kids ages 10 – 17
- Great food and kid-friendly treats from local restaurants and organizations
- Free live music all day on 2 stages! The Miracle Mile Stage offers talented local groups playing incredible music at the main fountain and the Community Stage includes talented students from Redding School of the Arts and so much more!
- There are many ways for children to be active at the Festival, including laser tag and a climbing wall!
- Join the Poetry Jam! on the Community Stage between 1-2pm and read your favorite poem!
Be a part of the Festival this year and join the celebration of healthy living, healthy communities and a healthy planet!